Job Title: Configuration Management Specialist - Aerospace Domain
We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Configuration Management Specialist with expertise in the aerospace domain. As a Configuration Management Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and efficient identification, control, and tracking of all configuration items throughout the entire product life cycle. You will play a vital role in maintaining the integrity and traceability of aerospace systems and components, while collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement configuration management plans and procedures tailored to the aerospace domain.
- Establish and maintain the configuration management database (CMDB) to accurately track and control all configuration items.
- Monitor and control changes to hardware, software, and documentation throughout the development, testing, and deployment phases.
- Conduct configuration audits to verify compliance with established processes, specifications, and contractual requirements.
- Collaborate with engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, and project management teams to ensure seamless integration of configuration management processes.
- Provide guidance on the identification and management of configuration items, including managing baselines and implementing version control.
- Analyze and resolve configuration management issues, conducting root cause analysis when needed.
- Facilitate configuration control boards (CCBs) to review and approve proposed changes, ensuring appropriate documentation and stakeholder involvement.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation, including configuration records, change logs, and release notes.
- Educate and train personnel on configuration management processes and procedures, promoting best practices across the organization.
- Stay updated with the latest tools, technologies, and industry trends related to configuration management in the aerospace domain.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Configuration Management Specialist, preferably in the aerospace domain.
- In-depth knowledge of aerospace systems, equipment, and components.
- Strong understanding of configuration management principles, processes, and tools.
- Familiarity with regulatory standards such as AS9100, ISO/IEC 15288, and MIL-STD-973.
- Proficiency in using configuration management software and databases.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work with large volumes of complex data.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
#ConfigurationManagement #ConfigurationManagementSpecialist #AerospaceDomain #AerospaceJobs #ConfigurationControl #CMDB #AS9100 #ISO15288 #MILSTD973 #AerospaceEngineering #MechanicalEngineering #ChangeManagement #QualityAssurance #RootCauseAnalysis #VersionControl #USJobs #EngineeringJobs #AerospaceSystems #ConfigurationRecords #CrossFunctionalCollaboration #Compliance #AnalyticalSkills